Today Tonight – Home and Contents Insurance Premiums

CANSTAR’s Steve Mickenbecker speaks to Today Tonight about how home and contents insurance premium rises will affect all Australians in the wake of the 2011 …
Video Rating: 0 / 5

Part 2 of 2. Please read the rest of this short FREE suggestion on our blog at
Video Rating: 0 / 5

Cost Advise Home Insurance Policy Holders to Revisit Their Cover

Cost Advise Home Insurance Policy Holders to Revisit Their Cover

Online comparison website

(PRWEB UK) 19 July 2012

Online comparison experts at are specialists in sourcing the right and the best deals for their consumers on variety of subjects across insurance, money, travel and utilities. The comparison professionals are also dedicated to producing regular informational guides and advice on those subjects. The latest advice concerns home insurance, specifically assessing the appropriate levels of cover against the reasons to insure your home after a recent survey found that one in ten Brits do not have sufficient house insurance.

Cost’s insurance specialist shares his view on the matter:

“Although house insurance policies are not a legal requirement, you’re home is most likely your prize possession so it would be prudent to have insurance- and you probably wouldn’t be able to qualify for a mortgage without it”.

“After recent statistics reveal that over 1.5m householders are not covering their homes with both buildings and contents insurance, Cost examines the most recent and relevant reasons to take out both forms of protection”.

    Weather: 2012 has seen a mixture of extreme variances in weather (already one reason to fully protect your home). Severe winds at the beginning of the year affected homes nationwide causing roof damage, broken chimneys and fences and much more.

April and May saw widespread drought after a lack of rain- a main cause of building subsidence. And the next month rain was the culprit after the wettest June on record causing mass flooding and water damage to more than 3,000 homes in the UK.

Needless to say, if you live in a flood-prone area you definitely should have contents and buildings insurance as well as special flood insurance if these policies do not provide flood protection cover.

    Homeless: If you only have home contents and not buildings insurance, you may find yourself with nowhere to live if your home becomes inhabitable. Buildings insurance policy holders will be covered in such event and will be provided alternative accommodation as stated in the insurer’s policy.

    Multi-policies discount: Like most insurance policies available today for cars and gadgets etc, many insurers will give you a discount for taking out two different home insurance policies (i.e. buildings and contents).

    Did you know: Some insurers provide protection over things like sheds, fences, BBQs and even plants, in their buildings insurance policies.

The Cost team also regularly publish the latest news and developments concerning issues surrounding money, insurance, travel and utilities.

Based in Essex, Cost is one of the UK’s leading price comparison sites. Allowing their online customers access to companies offering a range of insurance (including wedding insurance), financial and travel services, the firm specialise in providing a personal experience. Founded in 2012, the agency has a trusted reputation for sourcing the most ideal policies at affordable prices.

Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. Welcomes Tenancy Deposit Protection Schemes in Scotland Welcomes Tenancy Deposit Protection Schemes in Scotland

 offers great value landlords insurance

London, UK (PRWEB UK) 24 July 2012

Online landlords insurance provider supports the introduction of tenancy deposit protection (TDP) schemes in Scotland and pledges to advise clients on the best way to keep on top of the changing situation.

Changes to regulation, which took effect on 2nd July, mean that in addition to purchasing buildings and contents insurance landlords in Scotland must utilise a TDP scheme. Such initiatives are already a legal requirement in England and Wales.

The new regulations mean landlords must ensure that all new and existing deposits are protected with an official government-licensed scheme. The three such schemes in operation in Scotland are The Letting Protection Service Scotland, SafeDeposits Scotland and my|deposits Scotland. deals with landlords on a daily basis and believes that the scheme is a positive development for Scottish property owners.

“Tenancy deposit protection schemes have played a significant role in raising standards across the rentals industry and we welcome their arrival in Scotland,” explained Andy Tzouvanni,’s co-founder.

“We provide comprehensive property owners insurance across the entire UK, and while those landlords operating in England and Wales will be well aware of tenancy deposit protection schemes for those who own property solely in Scotland, their introduction represents the biggest change since landlord registration came into effect in 2006.” advises landlords to be careful when initially utilising tenancy deposit protection schemes, as there are a number of deadlines by which landlords in Scotland must pay in their tenants’ deposits. These typically depend on when the landlord received the deposit; however, the manner in which the tenancy is renewed also plays a role.

“The different deadlines may seem a little confusing for landlords not accustomed to tenancy deposit schemes. It is therefore essential that landlords do their research in order ensure they comply with the new regulations and avoid any potential problems,” Mr Tzouvanni continued.

Deposit protection schemes effectively work to minimise the potential for dispute between landlords and tenants by ensuring that tenants’ deposits are held by a third party. In the event that a disagreement does occur between landlord and tenant, it can be resolved through a free dispute resolution service, eliminating the need to go to court.

To avoid problems further down the line, recommends that a thorough tenancy agreement be drawn up outlining the tenant’s and landlord’s responsibilities. In addition to a tenancy agreement a landlord should take a complete inventory before letting their property, including details of the conditions of all items.

“It is best to take photos of all the items in your property and agree these with your tenants before they move in, this way you should avoid disputes when the tenancy comes to an end” stated Mr Tzouvanni.

About the company:

Founded in 2003 by brothers Andy Tzouvanni (Little) & Solomon Tzouvanni (Large), is a leading online insurance broker providing easy access to quick and competitive landlords insurance quotes. In addition to landlords insurance, specialises in great value business, home and travel insurance. The company’s insurance calculator tool ensures landlords are fully covered in as little as 60 seconds.

Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.

Home Insurance – Lloyds TSB For The Journey

We’re so confident about the quality of our home insurance that we want you to put us to the test. That’s why we’ll give you £50* if your current buildings and contents policies match ours on our 5 point challenge. And the £50 is yours, even if you decide not to take out our home insurance, so you have nothing to lose. *Terms and conditions apply. To learn more about building and contents insurance £50 challenge from Lloyds TSB visit To get a new Home Solutions quote please call 0800 022 4857 (Monday to Friday 9am – 7pm, Saturdays 9am-4pm) or visit your local branch. Lloyds TSB, for the journey.