British Insurance New Products – Home, Landlord, Unoccupied Property policies

British Insurance New Products – Home, Landlord, Unoccupied Property policies

(PRWEB) January 30, 2011

Alongside PPI cover, the firm now has policies for people with overseas and UK holiday/second homes, unoccupied properties, those requiring standalone home emergency support and landlords.

British Insurance says its new-look portfolio offers extensive cover and support services, something other providers often charge extra for. For example, there’s a ‘pass the phone’ multi-lingual interpretation service offering 24/7 English-speaking support for overseas home-owners.

People left with the responsibility of managing empty properties on behalf of relatives have much-needed flexibility with the option of three, six, nine or 12 month insurance periods for unoccupied property insurance cover

Those with home emergency cover insurance can be reassured of a response within two hours* to heating system or electrical failures and a team is also on hand to unblock drains, source and repair internal leaks and replace locks and glazing where necessary. Our home emergency cover helps take the stress out of home emergencies by covering important areas of your home against the cost of unexpected emergencies.

The landlord insurance policy covers usual risks – storm, flood, theft, malicious damage, loss of rental income, periods of vacancy, property owners’ liability, leak tracing and access, replacement locks etc, plus offers legal support and accidental damage.

British Insurance has always advocated consumers should easily be able to source and buy any type of insurance and have access to information that allows them to make an informed decision prior to purchase.

Managing Director, Nel Mooy, comments: “BI has a reputation as a reliable, trustworthy, no-nonsense provider of good-value products. As part of the Towergate Partnership, we’re able to offer additional affordable insurance policies and, we feel well placed to tap into our loyal and satisfied customer base.”

She concludes: “Insurers must make their policies easy to understand, accessible and affordable – these latest low-cost additions underline our commitment to do this on a wider scale.”

To view the product range visit

# # #

Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.

Today Tonight – Home and Contents Insurance Premiums

CANSTAR’s Steve Mickenbecker speaks to Today Tonight about how home and contents insurance premium rises will affect all Australians in the wake of the 2011 …
Video Rating: 0 / 5

Part 2 of 2. Please read the rest of this short FREE suggestion on our blog at
Video Rating: 0 / 5

Cost Advise Home Insurance Policy Holders to Revisit Their Cover

Cost Advise Home Insurance Policy Holders to Revisit Their Cover

Online comparison website

(PRWEB UK) 19 July 2012

Online comparison experts at are specialists in sourcing the right and the best deals for their consumers on variety of subjects across insurance, money, travel and utilities. The comparison professionals are also dedicated to producing regular informational guides and advice on those subjects. The latest advice concerns home insurance, specifically assessing the appropriate levels of cover against the reasons to insure your home after a recent survey found that one in ten Brits do not have sufficient house insurance.

Cost’s insurance specialist shares his view on the matter:

“Although house insurance policies are not a legal requirement, you’re home is most likely your prize possession so it would be prudent to have insurance- and you probably wouldn’t be able to qualify for a mortgage without it”.

“After recent statistics reveal that over 1.5m householders are not covering their homes with both buildings and contents insurance, Cost examines the most recent and relevant reasons to take out both forms of protection”.

    Weather: 2012 has seen a mixture of extreme variances in weather (already one reason to fully protect your home). Severe winds at the beginning of the year affected homes nationwide causing roof damage, broken chimneys and fences and much more.

April and May saw widespread drought after a lack of rain- a main cause of building subsidence. And the next month rain was the culprit after the wettest June on record causing mass flooding and water damage to more than 3,000 homes in the UK.

Needless to say, if you live in a flood-prone area you definitely should have contents and buildings insurance as well as special flood insurance if these policies do not provide flood protection cover.

    Homeless: If you only have home contents and not buildings insurance, you may find yourself with nowhere to live if your home becomes inhabitable. Buildings insurance policy holders will be covered in such event and will be provided alternative accommodation as stated in the insurer’s policy.

    Multi-policies discount: Like most insurance policies available today for cars and gadgets etc, many insurers will give you a discount for taking out two different home insurance policies (i.e. buildings and contents).

    Did you know: Some insurers provide protection over things like sheds, fences, BBQs and even plants, in their buildings insurance policies.

The Cost team also regularly publish the latest news and developments concerning issues surrounding money, insurance, travel and utilities.

Based in Essex, Cost is one of the UK’s leading price comparison sites. Allowing their online customers access to companies offering a range of insurance (including wedding insurance), financial and travel services, the firm specialise in providing a personal experience. Founded in 2012, the agency has a trusted reputation for sourcing the most ideal policies at affordable prices.

Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.